POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3.1a : POV-Ray 3.1a Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:28:37 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray 3.1a
From: Chris Young
Date: 1 Oct 1998 17:00:10
Message: <3614deda.7323600@news.povray.org>
Starting today you'll see a POV-Ray 3.1a appear in our libraries on
compuserve and at povray.org very soon.  This version mostly fixes
some problems in our upcoming Unix/Linux and Amiga versions.  It also
corrects some platform-specific issues on power mac systems.

The only generic bug it fixes is the problem with crackle textures and
media.  If you used crackle pattern or possibly black_hole warps
anywhere in a scene, it could mess up our random number sequence in a
highly non random way that created visible artifacts in media.  Unless
you need this particular bug fixed, MS-Dos or Windows users need not
rush to upgrade 3.1 to 3.1a.

The POV-Team is hard at work on Amiga, Linux and for the first time
FreeBSD versions.  We still need a volunteer who is willing to compile
and support our SunOS executable.  Contact c_y### [at] compuservecom if
you can help.  We perfer someone with compuserve access but if nobody
steps up soon, we'll accept anybody who can do the job via internet.
        Chris Young, POV-Ray Sysop & Team Coordinator

P.S. feel free to repost this message